GaPQC will implement the Alliance for Innovation on Maternal Health (AIM), Cardiac Conditions in Obstetrical Care (CCOC) patient safety bundle starting in summer 2022. The goal of the CCOC initiative is to reduce severe morbidity and mortality related to maternal cardiac conditions in Georgia. GaPQC’s AIM will reduce harm related to existing and pregnancy related cardiac conditions through the 4th trimester by 20%.
- Readiness: Implementation of standard processes for optimal care of cardiac conditions in pregnancy and postpartum.
- Recognition & Prevention: Screening and early diagnosis of cardiac conditions in pregnancy and post-partum.
- Response: Care management for every pregnant or postpartum woman with cardiac conditions in pregnancy and post-partum.
- Reporting/System Learning: Foster a culture of safety and improvement for care of women with cardiac conditions in pregnancy and post-partum.
- Respectful, Equitable, and Supportive Care: Inclusion of the patient as part of the multidisciplinary care team.